Ok, so yesterday was our fieldtrip group's kickoff. We went to a crazy place called Monkey Joe's. It was actually pretty cool, SweetPea had a lot of fun with her friends. We made a run for the border for lunch, I just love that place. With their "new" $.79/$.89/$.99 menu, you can eat rather inexpensively, especially if you drink water! We got back in time to get Monkey picked up from ps, but just before dismissal time they announced that we were under a tornado warning and everyone inside had to get in their proper place for safety (you know- away from windows, crouched down, etc). We hear this as we are outside in the car, with no ditches in sight. Thankfully it passed by us or whatever so we didn't pull a Dorothy and end up in Oz. Monkey had to stay in the school until central office called and said it was safe to dismiss- yet another reason to hs- but I won't go there right now. By the time we got home SweetPea HAD to have a nap before church. We did not get ANY schoolin done. (I did read her a book in the car while we waited for Monkey-I hope that counts for something) Hey she got a good dose of "socialization" though ;)
Today we did a little catching up from yesterday so I wouldn't have to change the dates for my lesson plans. We got some handwriting practice in without too much hair loss. Oh, and SweetPea is really catchin on to this math thing quite well (she must get that from her momma, right ;) ?) We also got alot of reading done and watched a few more youtube videos. One of the stories we read was the poem 5 Little Ducks. I found a few cute videos of it (it's also a cute song as I am sure you know). One of the videos said on the title screen "Let's Learn English from Song". It showed cute little ducks when the song mentioned the ducks, but then when it got to the part where Mother Duck said "Quack, quack, quack, quack" on the video it had the word "Crack" on the screen that would change colors a few times! Even SweetPea knew that was the wrong word! We were laughing and laughing. She had to watch it "one more time" I know that sounds mean of me to pick on the person that made the video, but it was just funny to me, I can't help it. Especially in a video that seemed to suggest it was going to help you learn English. Okay, stop twisting my arm, I'll post a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XihYXatMzA
No comments:
Post a Comment