Friday, October 3, 2008

5 days of apples...so far

This post is for Thursday October 2
Today's apple- Honeycrisp- ratings- two thumbs up- one for a crisp crunch, the other for the sweet taste with a surprising touch of tangy. SweetPea ate quite a bit of this apple. (yesterday's apple was the Golden Delicious, which SweetPea usually likes but this one was too mushy for her, but the sweetness got good ratings)

Today SweetPea was the one to read How To Make An Apple Pie... she enjoyed pointing out the places on the map in the book, and she had fun looking back through the book for the characters at the end, where they were sharing the pie.
For art today she made apple trees first out of Play-Doh, then out of chenille stems (politically correct name for what we know as pipe cleaners!) We (sort of) made a diorama of an apple orchard using all the different apple trees she created this week. I say sort of because it was actually a little more open than dioramas typically are. I opened all the sides of a box and set it on a table, so it was more of a stage than anything else. Still, we consider it a diorama :)

1 comment:

Grandma said...

The apple orchard she made was neat. The ones made of the chenille stems were especially cute
and I really liked the ones using Play-Doh. It's amazing the many varieties that are available to us. When I was growing up, I only remember the McIntosh and the August Apples which tasted like Golden Delicious and the crab apples.