Friday, November 14, 2008

Natural Science Center of Greensboro

We visited the Natural Science Center of Greensboro with our co-op friends. I really was not expecting a whole lot, especially since I had never heard of the place until Carmen set up the trip for it. Wow, was I surprised! They have an outdoor area called the Animal Discovery Zoological Park. That was really neat. Not a huge zoo, but plenty to see! We saw monkeys, lemurs, baboons, tigers, a wolf, wallabys, sheep (in the petting zoo), burros, ponies, and I am sure I am forgetting some. In the inside animal area they had a rabbit, a python (thankfully not in the same cage), ferrets, an armadillo, chinchillas, opossum, snakes, spiders, all kinds of neat creatures. They had a few small aquariums too. We got to see a show called "The Magic of Science" wher they compared and contrasted magic tricks with scince experiments. Several of the children got to assist with the show, including SweetPea. She got to hold a test tube while the host poured two clear chemicals into it and the mixture turned blue. SweetPea is convinced that SHE had something to do with the transformation :). We also got to watch a program in the omnisphere (similar to a planetarium) called The Little Star That Could. It was about the Sun. It was cute, and well written. I really hope to visit this place again sometime, when I can have even more time to explore it!
Here is a link in case you care to check it out:http://www.natsci.org/


Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

The pictures were really nice, but I didn't see a link. Did I overlook it?

noneya said...

you have been soooooo busy, :) I'm glad though.

:)

~r