Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another great day of Homeschool! We got a rather late start today as I made a WalMart run, and had to get some birthday cards for my cousin and my uncle. I am kinda picky about cards, so I bet I read about 100 before I found the ones I wanted. I am not exaggerating! Anyway, by the time we got home I was awake and alert enough to jump right in! While SweetPea was doing her handwriting practice, I got busy signing the cards so I could get them in the mail. I let SweetPea sign them and then she wanted to decorate the envelopes. We have thousands of stickers so I let her have her pick of what she wanted to use. I even found some American flags and symbols stickers to decorate a Veteran's Day card for my brother (he is in Afghanistan).
Today we read Jessica by Kevin Henkes. (Our tie-in was being thankful for friends) This is a cute little story that SweetPea could identify with, because she has an imaginary friend, too. Of course Ruthie ends up with a real friend that has the same name as her imaginary friend, and it appears that she no longer needs her imaginary friend. SweetPea wants to keep her imaginary friends forever and ever.
We also read a book called Peeping Beauty by Mary Jane Auch. While it was actually about a chicken, we decided it was closely realted to the turkey enough that it would fit in with our Thanksgiving theme ;). We worked on the Thanks and Giving trees too. We talked about what blessings are and how we need to be careful to be thankful for our blessings.

Here are SweetPea's Thanks and Giving trees so far:


1 comment:

noneya said...

my my.. you've been very busy. :)

It is good to see that Monkey is involved in Sweetpea's learning too. :)

Thank you for posting the pictures. :)

~B